This document describes how to install cPanel DNSONLY™ on your server. For more information about the cPanel DNSONLY product, read our cPanel DNSONLY documentation.
- To use cPanel DNSONLY, your server must allow traffic on the following ports:
- If you wish to allow the DNSONLY server to send email notifications, you must also open port
- After you create a cPanel DNSONLY server, add it to a DNS cluster in WHM's DNS Cluster interface ( Home >> Clusters >> DNS Cluster ).
Install cPanel DNSONLY
To install cPanel DNSONLY, perform the following steps:
To open the
/home directory, run the following command:
To fetch the latest installation files from cPanel's servers, run the following command:
curl -o latest-dnsonly -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest-dnsonly
To open and execute the installation files, run the following command:
cPanel, LLC does not offer free cPanel-signed hostname certificates for cPanel DNSONLY servers.
Remove Trial License banner
A Trial License banner appears in your WHM Home interface if your server currently possesses a 15-day trial cPanel & WHM license. However, the cPanel DNSONLY software does not require a license to function.
To remove the Trial License banner, you must remove the cPanel license from the server. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Contact the cPanel Customer Service department and request that they deactivate your trial license.
- Create a directory to contain the cPanel license files.
cpanel.lisc file and the
/root/.cpanel/datastore/_usr_local_cpanel_cpanel_-F file to the directory that you created. To do this, run the following commands:
mv /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel.lisc /root/trashfiles/
mv /root/.cpanel/datastore/_usr_local_cpanel_cpanel_-F /root/trashfiles/
In the above commands,
trashfiles represents the directory into which to move the cPanel license files.
Restart cPanel DNSONLY. To do this, run the following command: