|cPanel & WHM version||Upgrade requirements|
|80||MySQL® 5.6 and later, or any version of MariaDB®.||MySQL 5.5|
- EasyApache 4
- LiteSpeed version 5.3.6 or later.
- EasyApache 3
- LiteSpeed version 5.3.5 and earlier.
- LiteSpeed version 5.2.1 build 2 or later.
ea-apache24-config-runtime package version 1.0-113 or later.
- LiteSpeed version 5.2.1 build 1 and earlier.
ea-apache24-config-runtimepackage version 1.0-112 and earlier.
After the upgrade to cPanel & WHM version 66 finishes, WHM users in an active session must refresh their browser windows. Until they do, they may see additional frames within the WHM interface on each page load.
|62||MySQL® version 5.5 and later.||MySQL version 5.1 and earlier.|
|Apache (httpd) 2.2.11 or older|
|58||Only available for 64-bit systems.|
- CentOS 5, RHEL 5, and CloudLinux 5.
- 32-bit systems.
perl514 RPM target is set to
- New installations on CloudLinux and RHEL 7 servers require at least 1 GB of RAM, and are only available for 64-bit systems.
- New installations on Amazon® Linux are only available for 64-bit systems.
|11.50||New installations on CentOS 7 servers require at least 1 GB of RAM, and are only available for 64-bit systems.||None|
- Microsoft® FrontPage® Extensions
cpanel-php53 RPM target is set to
|11.38||None||Interchange is enabled.|
When you upgrade to cPanel & WHM version 11.36, the cPanel & WHM update process may rebuild your Exim configuration. We recommend that you check your Exim configuration after you upgrade to cPanel & WHM version 11.36.
- CentOS 5 or newer, CloudLinux™ 5 or newer, or RHEL 5 or newer
- MySQL® 5.0 or newer
- CentOS 4 or earlier, CloudLinux 4 or earlier or RHEL 4 or earlier
- MySQL 4.x or earlier
- CentOS 4 or newer or Red Hat® Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4 or newer.
- The Maildir mail storage format. For more information on how to convert the mbox mail storage system to Maildir, read our How to Convert mbox Accounts to Maildir documentation.
- Exim 4.77 or newer. To install Exim 4.77, enable Exim updates in WHM's Update Preferences interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Update Preferences).
/var/cpanel/sysinfo.config file must exist and must contain entries. For more information on the
/var/cpanel/sysinfo.config file, read the sysinfo.config section below.
- CentOS 3 or earlier
- Red Hat 3 or earlier
- The mbox mail storage system
- Exim 4.0 or earlier
/var/cpanel/sysinfo.config file is empty or does not exist.
Additional blocker information
cPanel & WHM version 80
MySQL 5.6 or newer required
cPanel & WHM version 80 requires that your server runs MySQL version 5.6 or newer. You must upgrade to at least MySQL version 5.6 or any version of MariaDB before you can upgrade your cPanel & WHM server.
You can upgrade your MySQL version in WHM's MySQL or MariaDB Upgrade interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> MariaDB/MySQL Upgrade).
Remote MySQL 5.6 or newer required
cPanel & WHM version 80 requires that any remote database servers with active connections run MySQL version 5.6 or newer. You must upgrade those servers to at least MySQL version 5.6 or any version of MariaDB before you can upgrade your cPanel & WHM server.
You can check your remote database server profiles in WHM's Manage MySQL Profiles interface (WHM >> Home >> SQL Services >> Manage MySQL Profiles).
cPanel & WHM version 78
EasyApache 4 required
You must migrate to EA4 before you upgrade to cPanel & WHM version 78. You can migrate to EasyApache 4 from WHM's EasyApache 4 interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> EasyApache 4). For more information, read our How to Install or Uninstall EasyApache 4 and The EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4 Migration Process documentation.