- How to Create a Jekyll Ruby Application
- How to Create a Sinatra Ruby Application
- How to Install a Redmine Web Application
In cPanel & WHM version 66, we deprecated the legacy Ruby codebase and plan to remove it in a future release.
To install a Ruby application in cPanel & WHM version 66 and later, perform the following steps:
Install Ruby on your system via the
ea-ruby24-mod_passengerEasyApache 4 RPM. To do this, run the following command as the
If you wish to add environment variables to your application, install the following additional RPMs:
For more information about environment variables, read our Application Manager documentation.
- Create a Ruby web application on your server.
- Use cPanel's Application Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> Application Manager) to register the application.
To use this feature, the cPanel account must possess compiler access in WHM's Compiler Access interface (WHM >> Home >> Security Center >> Compiler Access). If the account does not possess compiler access, the system will return an error similar to the following message:
There is no content with the specified labels