(WHM >> Home >> Account Functions >> Quota Modification)
This interface allows you to change an account’s disk space quota. This quota specifies the maximum amount of disk space that an account can use on your server.
- We enable quotas by default on new installations.
- If you disable and then reenable quotas, servers that use the XFS® filesystem and run CentOS 7, CloudLinux™ 7, or Red Hat® Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 require additional actions for quotas to function properly:
- WHM Interface — Use WHM's Initial Quota Setup interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Initial Quota Setup) to configure quotas.
- Command Line — Run the
/scripts/fixquotasscript and then reboot the server.
- Manually via the Command Line — For instructions on how to perform the
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/fixquotasscript's actions manually, read the Red Hat XFS and XFS Quota Management documentation.
- If you have enabled Quota System Administration notifications, the system sends notifications when it is ready to reboot and when the quota scan finishes and quotas are functional.
- CloudLinux 7 updates may break quotas. For this reason, after each CloudLinux 7 update, you must run the
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/fixquotasscript and then reboot the server.
Set appropriate quotas for each account on your server. For example, users who wish to host video content need more disk space than a user who only hosts a blog.
To assign a new quota, perform the following steps:
- Choose one of the following options:
- To change a single quota, select the desired account and click Modify.
- To view all of your users’ quotas, click Show all Accounts at the bottom of the interface.
- To view only a specific reseller's accounts, click Show Only this Reseller’s Accounts.
- Enter the new quota for each account in the appropriate text box, in Megabytes (MB), or select Unlimited to grant the user unlimited disk space.
- If you chose to view all of your accounts, click Show Only this Reseller's Accounts under a reseller's username to view only that reseller's accounts.
- Click Save.
If all of your accounts’ quotas incorrectly display as
0, rebuild your system’s quota files. Click the click here link, or, if the interface does not display a link, use WHM’s Initial Quota Setup interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Initial Quota Setup).