For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Change Password >> The Password Generator)
This document describes functionality from cPanel's deprecated x3 theme. We strongly recommend that you use cPanel's current theme (Paper Lantern) instead.
- We removed the deprecated x3 theme from new installations in cPanel & WHM version 60.
- Make certain that you read the appropriate documentation for your version of cPanel & WHM.
- For more information, read our What's My Version Number documentation.
- cPanel's Paper Lantern theme does not include certain x3 theme-specific features.
- For a complete list of Paper Lantern features, read our cPanel Features List documentation.
- If you need a feature that the Paper Lantern theme does not include, submit a feature request.
The Password Generator feature generates secure passwords, which are difficult for malicious users to guess. You can use the Password Generator anywhere that the button is available.
When you click the Password Generator button, a new window appears that contains a generated password in a text box. Click Generate Password as many times as you wish until you are satisfied with the password.
To set the security requirements of the new password, perform the following steps:
- Click Advanced Options.
- Enter the desired length of the password in the Length text box.
- Select whether to include uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, or symbols.
- Copy the password in a safe place and select the I have copied this password in a safe place checkbox at the bottom of the window.
- Click Use Password to use the generated password.
- To reject the password and close the Password Generator window, click Cancel.