For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Files >> File Manager)
This document describes functionality from cPanel's deprecated x3 theme. We strongly recommend that you use cPanel's current theme (Paper Lantern) instead.
- We removed the deprecated x3 theme from new installations in cPanel & WHM version 60.
- Make certain that you read the appropriate documentation for your version of cPanel & WHM.
- For more information, read our What's My Version Number documentation.
- cPanel's Paper Lantern theme does not include certain x3 theme-specific features.
- For a complete list of Paper Lantern features, read our cPanel Features List documentation.
- If you need a feature that the Paper Lantern theme does not include, submit a feature request.
The HTML Editor interface allows you to easily edit your HTML documents from the File Manager - x3 interface (Home >> Files >> File Manager). This visual (WYSIWYG) HTML editor includes powerful editing functions of familiar desktop editors (for example, Microsoft® Word).
- Due to customization, the screenshots in this guide may not match the HTML Editor interface that you see. The table below lists all of the HTML Editor interface's features.
- The HTML Editor interface uses CKEditor functionality. For more information, read the CKEditor Users Guide.
The table below lists the tools that you can use when you edit a file in the HTML Editor interface:
Insert an image
To insert an image, perform the following steps:
- Click the Image tool icon (
) in the toolbar. The editor displays the Image Properties window. The Image Properties window includes the following tabs:
- Image Info (default) — Sets the image URL and manipulates how it displays in the document.
- Link — Creates an image link, which can point to, for example, another web page or a document.
- Upload — Stores your images on the server, where you can retrieve them without your local computer.
Advanced — Configures image options (for example, ID assignments, classes, tooltips, or CSS properties).
You should only use the Advanced tab if you understand HTML and CSS.
- Confirm your options in the Preview window and click OK.
For more information about the Image Properties window, read the CKEditor Users Guide.
If you enabled cPanel's HotLink Protection - x3 feature (Home >> Security >> Hotlink Protection) and your list of enabled hotlinks excludes your primary domain account, you may not see embedded images. Add your primary domain to the URLs to allow access list to fix this problem.
The Browse Server option directs you to the HTML Editor interface's File Browser feature. Use this feature to browse, upload, and manage images on the cPanel web server.
This interface includes the following sections:
- Toolbar — A series of buttons that quickly execute specific file browser functions.
- — Move up or down levels of folders.
- — View more information for the selected file.
- Folders pane — Organizes the folder hierarchy for easy navigation. Use the arrows to expand and collapse the different hierarchical levels.
- Files pane — Lists the files available in the selected folder.
- Status bar — The section at the bottom of the interface that displays information about, for example, the selected file or the total number of files in the folder.